An affinity group is one which brings people together who have an identifier in common, e.g., race, gender, religion, family status, etc. Affinity groups are for individuals who identify as members of the group and can speak to the experience of being a member of the group from the “I” perspective.
- Roeper Asian Families: The mission of the Roeper Asian Families (RAF) is to create a place where Asian families at Roeper can feel a sense of belonging, understanding, and togetherness.
- 2E (Twice Exceptional) Affinity Group: This group is for those who parent, teach, support, or otherwise care for exceptionally gifted, neurodivergent students. Our primary goal is to share experiences, learn from and support each other. Together we also support our neurodivergent loved ones and inform Roeper about the lived experiences of 2e students. We welcome all members of the wider Roeper community.
- WAAG (White Anti-Racist Ally Group): In an intentional response to Roeper's foundational commitment to justice, the White Anti-Racist Ally Group (WAAG) is a space to do the hard but vital internal and external work required for us to be a just and equitable community.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC): Affinity groups are designed specifically to encourage interaction among members of the same racial or ethnic background affirming, nurturing, and celebrating lived experiences. You know you are in the right affinity group if you can say unequivocally, “I am ________ “and can speak to that group’s collective racial or ethnic identity and experience the “I” and “we” perspective.
- Black/African American Parent Affinity Group: Roeper Black Parent Affinity Group is being (re)established to create a safe space for Black/African American parents and guardians of Roeper students to connect, share, learn and grow from our experiences as Roeper families. We are committed to improving the overall experience of Black students and families at Roeper through meaningful connections and collaborative efforts towards progression.
- Latinx Family Affinity Group: To build community and connection among Latinx families at Roeper, and to serve as a voice for Latinx students and families. We are committed to working alongside Roeper educators and leaders to strengthen representation of Latinx Americans and culture in Roeper instruction and learning opportunities.