The Roeper School, a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades Pre-K through twelve, is seeking a part-time, seasonal Basketball Coach, Varsity Girls for the 2018-2019 sports season. The coach, under the direction of the Athletic Director, will be responsible for conducting practices, coaching games and tournaments and completing administrative responsibilities. The coaching work schedule includes afternoons, evenings and weekends during the November 2018 – March 2019 season.
We seek candidates who have excellent personal character, commitment to students and the school community and demonstrated knowledge and experience coaching high school sports. The ideal candidate will be committed to instructing students in sport fundamentals, encouraging athletic development, motivating student athletes and is MHSAA CAP 1 or CAP 2 certified.
- Comply with Roeper procedures and policies including MIAC Policy manual and the MHSAA Athletic Code
- Understands and applies MHSAA rules and regulations
- Coordinate and oversees all practice sessions and games with emphasis on safety and supervision of athletes
- Teach sport fundamentals, instruct and motivate students
- Contributes to the development of the athletic sports program
- Promote positive attitude, sportsmanship and academic achievement
- Record year end results and statistics for records and honors
- Manage and maintain facilities and equipment, including inventory reports, uniform and property collection
- Complete concussion awareness and other safety related training requirements. Keep CPR/First Aid certification current
- Effectively communicate with members of the Roeper community including students, staff, administrators and parents
- Develops and maintains positive working relationship with the Roeper community
Preference given to candidates with sports specific head coaching experience at the high school level, teaching experience, MHSAA CAP 1 or CAP 2 certification and current CPR/First Aid certification.
By October 5, 2018, individuals interested in the position should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.orgNo phone calls please.
The School seeks faculty and staff who are outstanding coaches, educators, teachers and professionals. They are individuals who lead in the gym, classroom and guide our students with respect for the mission and philosophy of the School.
As a non-profit independent School, Roeper offers competitive salary.
For more information about The Roeper School, visit the website. www.roeper.org
The Roeper School is deeply committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.