The Roeper School is a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in
grades Pre-K through twelve. We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Associate and
Bus Driver to join our Bloomfield Hills campus faculty for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
The preferred candidate will use their skills to enhance and maintain the facilities and grounds and help provide a safe environment for students and faculty. The individual will have the opportunity to use general maintenance knowledge to positively impact this dynamic educational environment.
The preferred candidate will also use their skills to safely and efficiently operate the bus and transport passengers for activity runs on an as needed basis. The relief bus driving schedule may include driving the shuttle between the Bloomfield Hills and Birmingham campus at the beginning and end of the school day, daytime field trips, evening and weekend sporting events.
We seek a candidate who is self-motivated, proactive and efficient. The preferred candidate must be able to complete assigned tasks safely and in a timely manner, modify priorities when urgent tasks arise and communicate about job progress. Responsibilities include assisting in preventative maintenance, general maintenance, minor repairs, custodial cleaning, facilities event preparation and transporting passengers by bus.
The selected candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule. Scheduled work times will primarily be during the day but some early morning, evening and weekend hours will be required. The start and end times may vary based on departmental needs.
- Performs a variety of general maintenance activities requiring basic skills in carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing and HVAC for the facilities’ buildings and grounds
- Performs preventative maintenance, trouble shoots problems and performs minor repairs
- Assemble and repair furniture, office equipment, classroom equipment and machinery
- Landscaping and grounds upkeep including cutting and manicuring lawns, snow and ice removal, salting outside surfaces, leaf and debris removal
- Transport and deliver campus mail, office and school supplies and equipment
- Facilities and event preparation for campus activities
- Provides maintenance and custodial support for school sponsored events
- General cleaning and upkeep including recycling items and trash disposal
- Lift, insert and remove cleaning mechanisms and chemicals for upkeep in pool
- Secures building, manages alarm system and responds to emergency situations involving security of buildings
- Work safely, comply with the MIOSHA safety requirements and school policy
- Responsible for safely transporting passengers to destinations including driving shuttles between school campus locations, sporting events and field trips
- Perform daily pre-trip bus inspections
- Safely operate passenger bus in accordance with traffic laws and regulations and school policies and procedures
- Keeps the bus neat and orderly through good housekeeping
- Monitors safety of bus equipment and reports possible mechanical issues to Transportation Supervisor
Preference given to candidates with the following credentials however, Roeper is willing to provide required training to obtain bus driving credentials for the selected candidate.
- Experienced in variety of basic maintenance activities
- Experienced in operation of motorized equipment and vehicles
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License; Group Designation B or C with Passenger, Safety (S) and Air Brake Endorsement with No Restrictions
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record
- Compliant with Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Valid DOT Medical Card
- Completion of Beginners Bus Driver Safety Course
- Driver Safety Education Course Certification
Education and Experience:
A High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree is required. A Completion of Beginners Bus Driver Safety Course; Driver Safety Education Course Certification with requisite renewals completed is preferred.
A minimum of one to two years of facilities maintenance and bus driving is preferred.
The School seeks faculty and staff who are outstanding educators, teachers and professionals. They are individuals who lead in the classroom and guide our students with respect for the mission and philosophy of the School.
As a non-profit independent School, Roeper offers competitive salary and benefits. The School’s benefits program includes medical, dental, disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; flexible spending account for medical expenses and dependent care; 403(b) Savings and Match Plan and professional development funding.
For more information about The Roeper School, visit our Website: www.roeper.org No phone calls please.
The Roeper School is deeply committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, candidate inquiry answers and