The Roeper School is a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades Pre-K through twelve. We are seeking a part-time Information Technology (IT) Technician I to join our Birmingham campus staff. The estimated hourly average for the day shift position is 15 – 20 hours per week. The position is part-time, year round with a flexible schedule.
In this position, you’ll be able to use your technical knowledge and creativity in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to help positively impact this dynamic educational environment. You will have the opportunity to use a diverse set of skills and to become part of a passionate and vibrant community dedicated to educating children in an intellectually engaging environment.
We seek a candidate who is self-motivated, proactive, a resourceful problem solver and effective communicator. The IT Technician must stay abreast of changes in technology, be able to quickly learn new techniques, utilize and share technological advances and resolve technology issues in a timely manner. Responsibilities include:
maintaining and supporting the computing environment by identifying technical problems, installing technical upgrades, trouble shooting and resolving personal computer problems and providing end user support.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and install, printers, computers and servers
- Provide end user support for Windows, Outlook email, Microsoft Office, Adobe software and other media related office software
- Provide support for copiers and audiovisual equipment including coordinating use of equipment
- Provides support to end users and assists Information Technology in project completion
- Assisting in system upgrades in conjunction with vendors and services including testing, installing enhancements and new software
- Safeguards and keeps information confidential and protected
- Use internet and other resources to research viable solutions and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
The preferred candidate will have:
- Windows 7-10, Microsoft Office, PC and printer troubleshooting experience
- Windows server 2008 and 2012 administration experience (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to learn new technologies independently and support implementation and advancement of the technology program
- Ability to train users of various skill levels on effective use of applications to drive efficiency and support the educational curriculum
Education and Experience:
An Associate’s degree or two years of college with major course work in Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The School seeks faculty and staff who are outstanding educators, teachers and professionals. They are individuals who lead in the classroom and guide our students with respect for the mission and philosophy of the School.
As a non-profit independent School, Roeper offers a competitive salary.
For more information about The Roeper School, visit our Website: www.roeper.org
No phone calls please.
The Roeper School is deeply committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, candidate inquiry answers and list of three professional references to
- Describe how your education and previous work experience have prepared you for this position.
- Describe the IT skills that you are most proficient in and how they can be applied to this position.
- Describe your professional experience working in a collaborative partnership in an educational environment.
- What is your desired salary for the position for which you are applying?