Lower School After Care
Our after school program is designed to offer a relaxed, yet enriching environment, with a mixture of:
- Supervised free play – both indoors and outdoors
- A choice of planned activities – learning various large motor games, board games, arts and crafts
- A quiet area for homework or for those who would like to relax after a busy school day, and
- Computer time (with a maximum of 30 min/day)
Our staff is trained in CPR and first aid and go through an extensive screening process including a formal finger printing check.
How Students Get to Aftercare
- Stage I and II students are walked to after-care by their homeroom teachers.
- Stages III-IV students walk with partners directly to the Big Dome. At 3:30 pm, a staff member makes a “sweep” of the Steward Building and walk any students remaining up to the Big Dome.
- On arrival, the students wash their hands and are provided a light snack.
- If your child prefers a more substantial mid-afternoon snack, you arel welcome to send it in.
After snack, and dependent on the weather, the children spend about 30 – 60 minutes outdoors.
- Afterwards students will have the choice to remain outdoors or use one of the indoor spaces, going to the Big Dome, the Tinkering Space, or the Computer Lab.
- Until about 5:00 pm the children are divided on the playgrounds, with Stages I-II using the playground south of the Dome entrance and Stages III-IV on the north.
- If you would like to make sure that homework gets done during After-Care, please let me know.
- Electronics are not acceptable at After Care, so should be left at home.
- We are unable to release your child to anyone whose name is not listed on the emergency card.
- Each day a variety of enrichment classes are offered. If your child is interested, staff will ensure your child travels safely to and from the classes.
The Business Office will send you a monthly accounting of your child’s attendance. The fee is billed on an hourly basis (5.50/hr for students registered, $8.00/hr for those not registered). We follow these guidelines:
- Hours of operation: Dismissal from classrooms – 6:00pm
- Hourly charges will be billed as follows:
- Pick up by 4:20 – one hour
- Pick up by 5:20 – two hours
- Pick up by 6:00 – two and one-half hours
- No charges are assessed for the first ten minutes following dismissal.
- Late Pickup - After 6:00pm $15 per quarter hour will be charged.
After Care Registration Form
For more information contact:
Director of Auxiliary Services
(248)595-6419 (cell phone)